Watch artists (Sam Roloff) at work during Portland Open Studios
Portland Open Studios invites you to visit 98 individual artist’s studios throughout the Portland Metro Area. You will see artists painting, sculpting, blowing glass, and more, in all kinds of settings from elaborate lakeshore studios to modest spaces in houses and garages. You are welcome to ask questions about materials and methods as you watch the artistic mind at work.
Always on the 2nd & 3rd weekend of October.
Start an art collection through personal connections
How to see the artists’ studios
- Studios Open From 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- Buy a Tour Guide: good for 2 adults (children through high school are free) for all 4 days.
- Find the artists you want to visit.
- Use the map & directions.
- Drive your car, ride your bike, catch a bus or walk to as many studios as you can. And new for 2008, make it environmentally friendly via EcoShuttle.
- Follow the yellow and black arrow signs.
- Use the 16 month calendar and artists contact info through 2009.